|Profile view of hollow-core panel- from Wikipedia.|
Here are some tips to either stop or minimize this leaking:
- Grind the entire floor, removing all sealers/coatings
- Chase any cracks with a crack-chasing blade mounted on an angle grinder
- Fill cracks with a flexible yet hard epoxy crack filler-LINK TO PRODUCT
- Grind epoxy filler flush upon full cure
- Coat the floor with a flexible, bridging primer- LINK TO PRODUCT
- Allow to cure and topcoat with an appropriate topcoat-LINK TO PRODUCT
- It is possible to make (2) coats of the bridging primer in lieu of topcoat.
If executed properly and further substrate movement is minimal, this system will allow for care-free use of liquids on the garage floor level. However, if movement is substantial, a scrim membrane may need to be implemented into the system for greater movement allowance.
This system is intended to help prevent liquids from moving between floors. This is not a "structural repair" nor is it guaranteed to waterproof. Please consult a licensed engineer for any structural repair or waterproofing recommendations.